Saturday, May 10, 2014

Life Updates

Well... I've just realized I haven't posted anything for 4 months. Oops. Some stuff happened in between then and now. 

Most notably, Train and I got married on March 22, 2014. 

That's us in the middle, if you couldn't figure it out. The gentleman on the right is Eduardo Gándara, the preacher who married us, and the lovely lady on the left is his wife Aracely. 

We weren't actually scheduled to leave on our honeymoon until March 29th, so on March 23rd we took a "mini-honeymoon" to the Oregon Coast (about a 2 hr drive for us). 

As you can see, dorky pictures ensued.

We left on March 29th to go on our honeymoon to Bora Bora, which was the experience of a lifetime and someplace that most people will probably never see. Due to the fact that it's so remote and a bit pricey, it's not as huge of a travel destination as Hawaii is. However, it's definitely worth seeing if you're able, because this:

Looks horrible, right? I won't burden your browser with an overabundance of photos (those who are friends with me on FB have probably already seen them anyway), but we did all kinds of crazy things like swimming with sharks and stingrays, a jet-ski tour around the entire island, we spent an afternoon   on a "private" island, and all kinds of fun stuff. 

Since we came back we've settled into a comfortable married routine. We're starting a garden. We're planning our next roadtrip (Yellowstone in late June). The Chamaco is just about to finish sixth grade. The house stays mostly clean. Life, overall, is extremely good and I feel very, very blessed. I'm also looking forward to a week of 80 degree days ahead, which is not normal for our area in mid-May. 

When I started this blog post I was intending to combine two topics, but I've just changed my mind! Therefore, this post is just the general bringing up to speed of the last few months, and the next post shall be just the excitement of the last week or so. (At least *I* think it's exciting. Whether or not you will I guess is yet to be determined.)

No comments:

Post a Comment