Saturday, December 27, 2014

Obligatory "2014 - The Year In Review" Blog..

Why is it obligatory? Well, because there is less than a week left of 2014, and everyone else is doing it. That's why. So anyway, here are some highlights from the year, both good and bad, in roughly chronological order...

January 18, 2014 - Moved into a house (not an apartment) for the first time in several years. Gotta love that.

January 2014 - Unexpectedly lost my dear friend Nancy. They just don't make human beings like that anymore, and probably a few of you who read this will know exactly what I'm talking about.

March 22, 2014 - The day I married my best friend. I suppose I'll always remember 2014 for that. I even still like him 9 months later... lol

April 2014 - Started April in French Polynesia on the island of Bora Bora. This is where we went for our honeymoon. Not a bad way to start a month.

May-ish? 2014 - Got promoted into my first full-time "supervisory" role since being a shift leader at Jack in the Box when I was 18. I say "full-time", because while I was working at Head Start I was the boss if my head teacher was out sick. Now I've got people and things I'm supposed to oversee whether or not anyone is out sick. I'm also apparently supposed to still oversee them while I'm doing someone else's job in addition to my own. Yay.

June 2014 - Road trip to Yellowstone. Also notable for the car accident we got into when we were less than 2 hours from home. Car was deemed repairable and we got it back in early July.

August 2014 - Trips to Gold Beach on two consecutive weekends. Basically I did a lot of driving this summer. Also on the first trip we went to Gold Beach by way of Bend, Crater Lake, and the California Redwoods. The second trip I went down there with my mom because my grandma was having surgery, so that was slightly less fun but still totally worth the drive.

September 2014 - My "baby" started 7th grade. I also managed to turn 32. Still not sure how either of those things happened. Also we got gym memberships toward the end of September. This will be important later on, I'm sure.

October 31, 2014 - Was tapped once again as the parent cool enough to chaperone my son and his friends on the trick-or-treat walk through Milwaukie. Made a ridiculously glittery skirt for the occasion and wore a tiara. Still have glitter in my car and on my boots. It may not come off ever.

November 2014 - Started doing Couch-to-5K workouts. Became a runner, if only in my head. Before the end of November, managed to run a full 3 minutes without stopping. I would have previously thought this impossible (and if you looked at me, you'd think it impossible as well).

December 2014 - My "baby" turned 13. Still not sure how this happened. To celebrate, took him and his girlfriend (!?) to mini-golf and frozen yogurt. (Actually, she's been his "girlfriend" for almost 2 years. And I say "girlfriend" because they don't do anything even remotely couple-ish. The Chamaco told me they held hands once and it was weird and they mutually agreed to never do it again. To which I say GOOD, because you're my "baby" and you're still only 13.)

Also December 2014 - Increased my longest continuous run time to 5 minutes. It sucks and I hate it still (that gets easier, right?), but I can do it. And I keep doing it 3 times a week. So I guess there's something to it.


Happy End of 2014, everyone! Wishing you all the best in 2015!


No comments:

Post a Comment