Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Well, So Much for Fast Food...

Like most Americans, I have been a fairly regular consumer of what we like to call "fast food". McDonald's, Taco Bell, Burger King, Wendy's... you know what I'm talking about.

Anyway, yesterday at lunch I was quite hungry. And I wanted meat for some reason. And I hadn't brought any meat in my usual lunch pail of fruits and veggies. I am not one to ignore a meat craving, however, especially since I so seldom have them. I happen to work within walking distance of a McDonald's, and once there I started perusing the menu for something that best fit within my current food parameters (for anyone who missed it, I'm trying to eat paleo at least 80% of the time). I got one of the meatier burgers I could find and the smallest thing of french fries they would let me get with a meal.

On an only slightly related note, some kind soul on MyFitnessPal (probably someone who can't eat anything gluteny) has already taken the trouble of figuring out caloric values for various McDonald's sandwiches if you take off the bun.

Anyway, eating a meat patty with toppings balanced on top of it was slightly awkward, but I managed and it was even kind of good. And there was bacon, and who doesn't love bacon? Then I decided to take a big step out of what I've been eating for the last week and a half and eat a french fry.

It was gross.

I used to eat McDonald's french fries all the time. I used to actively like them. And yesterday they tasted to me like slightly salty sticks of blah. So I guess I need to start taking emergency beef jerky in my lunches or something.


No comments:

Post a Comment